3.7.09

Sphakteria


On the evening of the first of July we went for a boat ride around the bay of Pylos (also known as Navarino). The boats were small and we got to sit wherever we wanted to… I was a little nervous but got braver as time went on, even dangling my feet in the water as we rode around to different islands. We got to go to a small, very rocky island with beautiful views and the bluest water you’ve ever seen… but there were 100 extremely steep stairs to climb up. While worth it, I accidentally left my purse at the top and had to make the trip 1.5 times. Woops.
Then we went to the island of Sphakteria to explore a small Russian Orthodox church there. It’s made entirely out of wood and we were able to climb up to the bell tower… it smelled good. Then we took a trip over to “Golden Beach” for supper. The water was much too cold for me to get in, so I enjoyed the evening reading and sunbathing. After supper, some friends and I played a quick game of volleyball before taking the boats back to Pylos and chilling for a while to read Tarot before bed.

Today we enjoyed a beach called Romanos, which was very nice, but once again, I forgot my camera. Sorry guys! Also, if you want to see all of my photos and you don't have facebook, I'll have a link for them as soon as they're all uploaded... just let me know if you want it.

My friend Amira with Pylos in the backgroundA view into the waterMe looking over the edgeThe wooden churchMy friends Stephen, Veronica, Mike, and JuliaA beautiful sunset

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I love the stories - but do remember your camera! The pics you post are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out today about your blog and have been busy reading it all. The pictures are awesome. Miss you! Lucy

    ReplyDelete