1.12.09

Going to Tibet


On the first Saturday we spent in Bigu, I was up bright an early at 430am (like I am every morning) and we left by 5 to head up the mountain behind us. Dawa (the volunteer Tibetan medicine doctor who fixed my sinuses and hung out with us all the time) organized an awesome trip for us.There is a mountain behind us, and it’s ridge very very high up. And very steep. So we climbed. I didn’t like it. But we got to a chorten near the ridge just in time for sunrise, and we stopped to build a fire and have some coffee and biscuits. Then we continued up to the top of the ridge and to a clearing with a view of Tibet and a giant mountain. We spent hours running around the mountaintop meadow, having photoshoots and just peering at the beautiful scenery around us. We put up a prayer flag signed by all, and eventually Dawa made us a fantastic lunch (especially since he had carried pots, pans, utensils, tomatoes, and ingredients for soup up in his backpack) and after a short nap we were ready to head back down. I’ll let the photos do the rest of the talking for this one.
Sunrise over the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I went with you to Nepal. Bigu looks beautiful. I think Mum's reading your blog and also I showed Grandma the photos of you jumping and she was awestruck. She kept looking at it going, 'Noone can jump THAT high!'. If you go back again I would love to join you and meet the nuns. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete